Laura Barron, superintendent of the Evergreen School District in Kalispell, Mont., was installed as president of the Horace Mann League at the group’s 98th annual meeting and luncheon on Friday in Los Angeles.
The installation of new officers and board members annually takes place at the AASA national conference when the league holds its annual meeting.
Also installed were the following:
- President-elect: Lisa Parady, executive director, Alaska Association of School Administrators, Juneau, Alaska;
- Vice President: James Harvey, executive director, National Superintendents Roundtable;
- Past President: Eric King, educational consultant with Chicago Public Schools (and former superintendent, Muncie School District, Muncie, Ind.);
- Board members: Bill Mathis, executive director, National Education Policy Center, Denver, Colo.; Martha Bruckner, executive director, MOEC Collective Impact, Omaha, Neb.; and Virginia Cardenas, coordinator of instruction, Clark County Schools, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Reappointed board members: Ember Conley, superintendent, Mesa, Ariz.; and Ruben Alejandro, educational consultant.
Jack McKay serves as the league’s executive director.